Skip to main content

Makes Me Wanna Holler (REVISED)

Makes me wanna holler
That was Marvin’s song….

It makes me wanna holler
The way they do my life
Got my mind trippin
from all this struggle and strife

Makes me wanna holler
Cause we ashamed of how we look
thinking black is not beauty
Yall better double check yo history books

Makes me wanna holler
Cause media tells us to be ashamed
Of our kinky hair
Long gazing stare
Full plump lips
And vivacious hips

We got skin color wars
Cause mine is lighter than yours

Yet other folks is dyin
From tryin to be kissed by the sun
want to add a little color
And yall think we on one

Yeah it makes me wanna holler
Can’t you see
that we still slaves,
Blind to poverty
Makes me wanna holler
Mama raised us all alone
When all the while daddy was there living in the home

my daddy gave the crack man his loyalty
And the crack heads he did his drugs with was his family


We sell that dope
Rob other poor folks
Hustle & pimp our women
And forgot to teach our children

Tryin to get that dime
To by that gold & platinum shine
Don’t save that dollar
Spend it all on clothes
& and when it comes to payin the bills, like the gas, lights or mortgage….
We screamin we broke

yeah I said mortgage & not rent
Why can’t we own our own

Cause we to busy walking round blind
Like the modern slave

It makes me wanna holler
Cause I know the truth

Makes me wanna holler
Yo! Can we save the youth


We were once Kings & Queens
And we started this shit
First of the world’s creators
Last in line to reap the benefits

In everything, you see an ancestor is there
From the shoe you wear
To the comb used to dress your hair

The car you drive, and television you see
Hell, we even responsible for space technology

Yeah it makes me wanna holler
Why don’t you WAKE up!

Makes me wanna holler
Damn can’t you see

Makes me wanna holler
And throw up both my hands
What the hell do I have to do to get ya’ll to understand

Makes me wanna holler
Wake up my brothers & sisters
This is not the master plan
Stand at your 90 degree and be that King Man
Hold yo woman’s hand and teach the children the way

We are direct descents from Kemet
(that’s Egypt for those of ya'll that don’t know)
Land of the Blacks that’s what it means

The place of the creators, priest, priestesses, doctor’s, astronomers, architects, inventors, scientist, surgeons, warriors, defenders, shaman & sages.
Kings & Queens brought over to this country
Open your eyes, find the way,

Prepare our children for their destiny
Yeah…it makes me wanna holler
Can’t you see…..
Teach them…show them
They can’t keep fucking over royalty!



Copyright 2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I Get My Mojo Back

Can I get my mojo back? You stole it a long time ago. Where you put it... I don't know. I looked in the closet and under the floor Or maybe you ran with it out the door. I checked the shower and linen closet I even checked the kitchen faucet My mojo is lost. What a shame! I know I am fine, but where's my game? Can I get my mojo back That umph, the it ...... I'm looking for That special something that shines so bright You know...... that shine, that rime, that appealing light. Mojo Oh mojo Where can you be I need you right now so candidly My looks are straight, my game not so tight I need you hear to make it all right. So please, So please I'm warning you.....Return my mojo before midnight! Copyright 2004

I Didn't Claim Poetry

Inspired my Amberly's Me Poem.....Amber, Thanks for the inspiration! I didn’t claim poetry Poetry claimed me It wrapped me up And seduced me At the tender age of three I didn’t claim poetry It claimed me It called my name While inside my mother’s womb It nurtured me And cuddled me And wrapped me up in its cocoon I write because of submission It is my therapy The only thing that allows Me to maintain my sanity I didn’t claim poetry Poetry claimed me With intoxication For words medication No need for translation It be my sedation I know no other way It is the ex-pression Of WHO I BE I live for it Die without it And strive to perfect it I be the muse To the ink The pen be the tool To express me Poetry is WHO I BE

The Letter E (Alpha-bet Poetry)

Enticing effervescence of an effortless flow Emensing, exuding, emotion Of e---luminous glow Essence eternally Emitting light Essential to encourage Eagles taking flight Education, emerging Entangling equations Universe expressing Prophetic elations Erotic desires ensuing Eternal life Everything seen by the all-knowing eye Never escaping Evening can’t hide Eventual edification Embedding exuberance Evoking excellence Epics of extraordinary Episodes of epitome will Extracting spiritual Experience of divine skill The Epiphany of everlasting Everywhere Eve goes Especially in Eden As so the story is told Enthralled in evergreen gardens Everybody wants to go Egypt is the place yall Called Kemet you know So with the letter E This scribe must end In hopes that you enjoyed And employed the ever so Effective, extensive ex-pression of E Enduringly Enlightened Evy