Skip to main content

I Didn't Claim Poetry

Inspired my Amberly's Me Poem.....Amber, Thanks for the inspiration!

I didn’t claim poetry
Poetry claimed me
It wrapped me up
And seduced me
At the tender age of three

I didn’t claim poetry
It claimed me
It called my name
While inside my mother’s womb

It nurtured me
And cuddled me
And wrapped me up in its cocoon

I write because of submission
It is my therapy
The only thing that allows
Me to maintain my sanity

I didn’t claim poetry
Poetry claimed me
With intoxication
For words medication
No need for translation
It be my sedation

I know no other way
It is the ex-pression
Of WHO I BE

I live for it
Die without it
And strive to perfect it

I be the muse
To the ink

The pen be the tool
To express me

Poetry is WHO I BE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I Get My Mojo Back

Can I get my mojo back? You stole it a long time ago. Where you put it... I don't know. I looked in the closet and under the floor Or maybe you ran with it out the door. I checked the shower and linen closet I even checked the kitchen faucet My mojo is lost. What a shame! I know I am fine, but where's my game? Can I get my mojo back That umph, the it ...... I'm looking for That special something that shines so bright You know...... that shine, that rime, that appealing light. Mojo Oh mojo Where can you be I need you right now so candidly My looks are straight, my game not so tight I need you hear to make it all right. So please, So please I'm warning you.....Return my mojo before midnight! Copyright 2004

The Letter E (Alpha-bet Poetry)

Enticing effervescence of an effortless flow Emensing, exuding, emotion Of e---luminous glow Essence eternally Emitting light Essential to encourage Eagles taking flight Education, emerging Entangling equations Universe expressing Prophetic elations Erotic desires ensuing Eternal life Everything seen by the all-knowing eye Never escaping Evening can’t hide Eventual edification Embedding exuberance Evoking excellence Epics of extraordinary Episodes of epitome will Extracting spiritual Experience of divine skill The Epiphany of everlasting Everywhere Eve goes Especially in Eden As so the story is told Enthralled in evergreen gardens Everybody wants to go Egypt is the place yall Called Kemet you know So with the letter E This scribe must end In hopes that you enjoyed And employed the ever so Effective, extensive ex-pression of E Enduringly Enlightened Evy